To make sure that I am giving my body the nutrients that it needs every day I like to divide up foods into categories and then into meals.
For example, this is what I like to follow:
After you have completed personalising this menu plan for yourself, it’s time to make sure your definition of a serve is correct! Here is a little guide I like to keep on my fridge.
This helps you to make sure your body is getting a varied diet of correct proportions while still enjoying variety and flexibility!
Hey! Here is my summary of the 5:2 diet. This isn’t just another fad diet but instead a diet with real scientific results! The scientific findings behind this diet can be found in this great Michael Mosley documentary here (not sponsored) or you can find an explanation video here!
Below are my summaries of how to do the 5:2 diet!
- Every week have 5 days of eating normally and 2 days of eating less. These are called fasting days but you aren’t really fasting.
- Have at least a day between the fasting days for example fasting days can be Tuesday and Thursday, Wednesday and Sunday or Monday and Friday (just examples)
Fasting Day Summary
- Eat less than 500 calories for women and 600 calories for men
- Eat high fiber and high protein.
- You can either have 3 small meals, 2 medium meals or one large meal on these days. The 3 small meals option is recommended.
- Recommended food to eat on these days include: soup, vegetables, water, tea, coffee, eggs, yogurt, lean meat, and fish.
Normal Day Summary
- Don’t binge eat on what you missed out on
- Eat what you would normally eat before you started the diet
Enjoy and comment below your own experiences!