Anne of Green Gables is a series that you just can’t stop reading sometimes. Anne is full of adventure and insight, L. M. Montgomery gives you a new set of eyes to the world around you!
The book took a while to catch me but once it did, it didn’t let go!
Only 99 cents on the kindle store for the whole series!
My Favourite Quotes
- “Why must people kneel down to pray? If I really wanted to pray I’ll tell you what I’d do. I’d go out into a great big field all alone or into the deep, deep woods, and I’d look up into the sky—up—up—up—into that lovely blue sky that looks as if there was no end to its blueness. And then I’d just feel a prayer. Well, I’m ready. What am I to say?”
- “That’s the worst of growing up, and I’m beginning to realize it. The things you wanted so much when you were a child don’t seem half so wonderful to you when you get them.”
- everybody should have a purpose in life and pursue it faithfully. Only he says we must first make sure that it is a worthy purpose.
- “Oh, it’s delightful to have ambitions. I’m so glad I have such a lot. And there never seems to be any end to them—that’s the best of it. Just as soon as you attain to one ambition you see another one glittering higher up still. It does make life so interesting.”
- “Marjory White, aged ten, wanted to be a widow. Questioned why, she gravely said that if you weren’t married people called you an old maid, and if you were your husband bossed you; but if you were a widow there’d be no danger of either”
For more book reviews like this, click here!